GLI presents EPIC! - A massive 5x5 knockout (English Only)

• ORGANIZATIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT

We're getting closer and closer towards the final 32! This post is to inform all participating crews about the timeline ahead and to inform an adjustment in the rules regarding Direct Sales.

Tomorrow night (GMT+1) the last match of Last 64 will be played. I expect every crew to post and confirm the final results within a 72 hour time frame. With these results we will continue on and have a draw for the Last 32.

Friday 01-02-2019: Round 22/22
    Monday 04-02-2019 (11:59 p.m. GMT+1): Deadline to post and confirm final results
    Wednesday 06-02-2019: Organization collects all data and will post L32 draw
    Wednesday 06-02-2019 - Saturday 09-02-2019 (11:59 p.m. GMT+1): Time frame to announce L32 line-up for your crew
    Monday 11-02-2019 (8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. GMT+1): EPIC! Last 32 begins.

Also I'd like to announce that starting in EPIC! Last 32 the Direct Sales functionality will be allowed. Obviously in round 21 and round 22 of Last 64 this option is still prohibited.

I wish you all the best of luck in the last two rounds of Last64 and am looking forward to the draw of the final 32!

• Match 8 Silver Bullet vs Black Wall Ro

20/22

0_1548932018211_IMG_20190131_124728_185.jpg

• Arabic Moderator

@boskovice said in GLI presents EPIC! - A massive 5x5 knockout (English Only):

@keejos_nl

Match 19 Arab Crew Vs LUSITANOS

direct sales on crew LUSITANOS
    http://prntscr.com/mebdrt

what penalty ?

• @boskovice Could you provide me a screenshot that notifies me of the time? This could very well be a transfer through the engine at 1.0x the cost.

• Arabic Moderator

• @keejos_nl said in GLI presents EPIC! - A massive 5x5 knockout (English Only):

ORGANIZATIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT

We're getting closer and closer towards the final 32! This post is to inform all participating crews about the timeline ahead and to inform an adjustment in the rules regarding Direct Sales.

Tomorrow night (GMT+1) the last match of Last 64 will be played. I expect every crew to post and confirm the final results within a 72 hour time frame. With these results we will continue on and have a draw for the Last 32.

Friday 01-02-2019: Round 22/22
    Monday 04-02-2019 (11:59 p.m. GMT+1): Deadline to post and confirm final results
    Wednesday 06-02-2019: Organization collects all data and will post L32 draw
    Wednesday 06-02-2019 - Saturday 09-02-2019 (11:59 p.m. GMT+1): Time frame to announce L32 line-up for your crew
    Monday 11-02-2019 (8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. GMT+1): EPIC! Last 32 begins.

Also I'd like to announce that starting in EPIC! Last 32 the Direct Sales functionality will be allowed Obviously in round 21 and round 22 of Last 64 this option is still prohibited.

I wish you all the best of luck in the last two rounds of Last64 and am looking forward to the draw of the final 32!

Instant sells will be allowed in the next round? How did you make that decision? Allowing this, many managers will take advantage of instant selling and there will be a big disadvantage among managers

• @neverbackdown-2oo9 I don´t see the disadventage, as everyone has the option to do so.

• I don't think direct sales will be a bad thing. It is not benificial in most cases to make use of this feature. Therefore, I don't think one can really get an advantage from it.

• @keejos_nl Is an disadvantage for those who dont use this option, it's not my case but we have to think also for managers who can not afford to invest so much money in boss coins.

@TheBestManagerNL It can be a bad thing..Instant sales it allows you to play hard on every game without consequences...if you have an suspended or injured player you can sell them after the game and replace it with other almost as good on the transfer list or scout...this will kill the beauty of the crew battles and you will not have to think a good tactic in the matches with opponents you'll just need luck.

• @neverbackdown-2oo9 I am sorry, but I strongly disagree. Selling a player for 1.0x the amount is hardly ever beneficial and surely won't be easy to be enough to buy an equal player from a scout and/or transfer list.

Also, the real BC-dump lies in player transfers through scouts. I don't judge the amount of BC people would like to throw into a game, but 5 BC for a sale isn't that ridiculous, especially since you get maybe 35 - 70% less money out of that specific transfer.

Anyhow, the rules are clear to everyone I hope. I understand there are people for and against it and I understand there are pros and cons. It is what it is.

• Portuguese Moderator

@keejos_nl
    I think the rules should keep up, but the organization is who knows ...
    You decide!!
    👍

• @keejos_nl I have the impression that we are talking about two different things or I am not quite explicit in what I say. I will exemplify it may be easier to understand: Everyone knows that the last 4 or 5 rounds are the most important in a battle, so the value of the players in the starting line in the final rounds will be somewhere over 95 to even 110 if you have young players who you train them from the start. What is the value of these players? 35 to 120 million. So if gets Mbappe or Donnarumma red card and I will sell instantly I can buy something with 120 million? Okay a player gets suspended with a value of 30 or 40 million can I replace him with something good from the scout or from the list? I say yes and do not forget that besides that you will sell at least one player daily and you have some money to rebuild your team. Everything will depend on luck after all because the players who are suspended or injured you will replace them quickly. This does not seem fair to me.

• @neverbackdown-2oo9 I understand the usability of when this feature would be favored the most. My point is: the feature is accessible to all as much as it works exactly the same for every contestant. Therefor I find it a moo point to discuss it's fairness.

• In my opinion, the worst thing is that we started a competition with some rules, someone has been penalized to go against these rules, lost battles for this fact, and now we are saying ok, you can sell instantly. For me is always bad when you change rules while the tournament is just running.
    Change the rule next year in Epic II...now let finish the tournament as we started.

• Portuguese Moderator

@rafelmaz said in GLI presents EPIC! - A massive 5x5 knockout (English Only):

In my opinion, the worst thing is that we started a competition with some rules, someone has been penalized to go against these rules, lost battles for this fact, and now we are saying ok, you can sell instantly. For me is always bad when you change rules while the tournament is just running.
    Change the rule next year in Epic II...now let finish the tournament as we started.

I agree!! 👍

• @keejos_nl
    In battle between A.E and IDA round 21
    There were two transportations in different times
    Can you see it and investigate what happened
    0_1549031569523_Screenshot_٢٠١٩٠٢٠١-١٧٠٢١١.png

• @aburami
    Two players sold in one time and after 8 minutes also two players sold..
    Please check what happened
    0_1549033383240_Screenshot_20190201-173743.png

• I am sorry, I don't have access to the OSM World Staff tools, so I cannot investigate that matter.

• Final round 22/22
    Match 8
    SILVER BULLET VS BLACK WALL RO

0_1549042038040_IMG_20190201_190107_560.JPG

• @rafelmaz said in GLI presents EPIC! - A massive 5x5 knockout (English Only):

In my opinion, the worst thing is that we started a competition with some rules, someone has been penalized to go against these rules, lost battles for this fact, and now we are saying ok, you can sell instantly. For me is always bad when you change rules while the tournament is just running.

100% agree.