How can I win the league?
qorigh last edited by
I just started playing on an account on which I mostly had inactive careers so far. Therefore, I'm not really into tactics and strategies.
I currently run a Portuguese League with my mates and am managing Benfica. I really want to win the league, even though I'm not Porto and therefore not the best team. How can I still win it? Are there any certain strategies? For example, what part of the stadium shall I upgrade first? I would be very happy if someone could help me out a bit, I don't really expect a detailed explainaition about tactics now, I only need to know things like the stadium upgrade parts.
Hafti Abi last edited by
Hi, try to improve your pitch first, then your training pitch. Sell your worst players for the highest value possible and buy new ones so that you keep improving your team. Good luck!
My stratergie starts with the training upgrades in the stadium, also as previously stated sell your worst players for max price, try and keep 4 players listed as much as you can, I tend to buy players below <15m as I have the most success flipping them again for 1x the price you would normally pay (New players on the market I believe start at 1.5x thier value so you make the extra 1x for flipping. Be flexible with your formations try and find a good starting block for example against weaker teams to start try 70.70.70 443 WP Zonal, Try and have atleast one 16-21 young player in each position to train and work from that. Also using your spy is really helpful against other managers tcamps for them crucial games are really good options too. Good luck and don't be disapointed if you don't win the league on your first attempt the more you learn easier it becomes.
Manhattan12 last edited by
Excuse me , but what is this ? The creator of the topic never asked for tactics and besides we do have already the official Tactics Requests topic.
And even if you were trying to suggest starting set of tactics ... What does that number 10 mean there? To use only 10% at his Power slider ? Or was there a typing error ?
I'm sorry but this post is incomplete and possibly misleading...
@qorigh Hello and welcome to the OSM adventures and forums.
First things you need to do when you enter a league :
- Begin with choosing the first 4 players that you want to get rid off and place them for sale on the TransferList at their maximum price ( x 2,5 ) Always try to have the max. 4 players for sale on the TL. The fact that you may not be the manager of the top club in any league means nothing. It's up to you and your strong squad building via your non-stop transfers and trainings to create the best team in the league
- Choose your 4 Sponsors. The ones that grant your Club with the biggest funds.
- Train your players. Your top rated ones come first , focus on younger ones too and you can do that 3 times per day. Every 8 hours you are able to set 4 new players on Training session
- Stadium Expansion . Each manager decides from where to start. Personally I begin with the Pitch just like @Hafti-Abi said , cause it's important to have some extra advantage during Home matches.
- Just like @Pebbregas mentioned, always use your Spy before each new match to help you decide what settings and tactics you will need to use, even if your opponent is the Computer and not a human manager.