New forums: Guide
Welcome to the New forums!
Here are a few questions and answers that might help you as you navigate your way through the new forums!
How do I open/create a topic?
- Click the New topic button- http://prntscr.com/d3yyf
- Enter the title and the description and press the submit button- http://prntscr.com/d3yyxd
How do I reply to a topic?
- Go onto the topic you would like to reply to
- Click the ‘Reply’ button at the below the last post - http://prntscr.com/d3yzs8
How do I reply to a certain post?
- Like before, go onto the topic
- This time, click the reply button inside the dark blue box - http://prntscr.com/d3z0d0
- When you post this it will appear just like a normal post, but it will also appear underneath the post you have replied to - http://prntscr.com/d3z0ux
- And of course, the manager you reply to will receive a notification
What are Reputations?
This is a way for managers to rate posts. If you like a post press the up arrow and if you disagree with a post you can click the down arrow. You can find the managers with the highest reputation when you go to Users and click ‘Most reputation’ - http://prntscr.com/d3z1mr
What are Tags?
Tags are things that can be added to a topic to show what category they are about. For example, one tag we have is ‘Crews’. When you click on the tag all of the other topics with that tag are shown - http://prntscr.com/d3z2d2
How do I add a tag?
- A tag can only be added to a topic once it is being created.
- When making the topic, enter the tags below the main text- http://prntscr.com/d3z2vw
How do I report a post?
If there is a post that you think breaks the OSM Forum Rules you can report it by:
- Clicking the line with 3 dots at the bottom of the offensive post- http://prntscr.com/d3z43o
- And click ‘Flag for Moderation’- http://prntscr.com/d3z3mi
- You will then have to choose if the post is offensive or if the post is spam and also give a reason for flagging the post- http://prntscr.com/d3z4e9
Where is the help forum? And why is there no bug forum?
- The help and bug forum have been joined into one: The Support forum- http://prntscr.com/d3z4wd
- However to keep the forum organised please indicate in the title whether you’re reporting a bug or asking a question. For a bug, please start the title with [Bug] and when asking a question start the topic with [Help].
What is each forum for?
- Updates- This is where all information about updates will go. Events will also be advertised here. It is kind of like the old news and update section
- Support- As outlined above, this is where all questions about OSM and all bugs found can go.
- OSM: The game- This is just like the OSM General Discussion forum and the crew forum merged together. Here we can discuss OSM.
- OSM: The sports bar- This topic is like the general café and the football forums merged together. Here we can talk about pretty much anything that isn’t OSM related!
What is a signature? How do I add a signature to my profile?
A signature is something that will be displayed beneath all of your posts- http://prntscr.com/d3zai8
To add one, following these steps:
- Click on your avatar, which is located in the top right hand corner and then a drop down list will be displayed, click on ‘Edit Profile’- http://prntscr.com/d3zazn
- Then you will see an option to add a signature- http://prntscr.com/d3zba1
Remember to save before you exit. If you don’t the signature will not appear at the bottom of your posts!
How to join a group/other community forum?
- Click on the group of people- http://prntscr.com/d4e4wu
- Then you will see different languages- http://prntscr.com/d4e5m4
- Look for the country of your community and if you found it click on it-
- Then as last click on join group- http://prntscr.com/d4e7mf
- The community forums will be added just like this- http://prntscr.com/d4e983
How to change your avatar?
Unfortunately it's not possible to change avatar on forums, we want users to have same avatar on both places - game and forums, for that reason you can only change avatars on OSM
Hopefully all of your questions have been answered, if not, please ask a staff member.
I hope you enjoy using the new forums!
SUPERNOVA 8 last edited by
How To Use The Forum Search Tool :
As you can see the forum is full of different Categories and Topics with loads of posts. Therefore it is of a high importance for every manager to learn how to use this valuable tool that the forum menu has to offer. The so called Search Tool, it's that icon that looks like a magnifying glass.
If you click on it a new page opens and in there you can type a key word , relevant to what you need to find fast. For example you can type Nationality Bonus and click on the blue Search button. In a second you will see in front of you every single post in where your key word had been used.
In one word... Priceless !!! :