@باجيوووو Are you any relation to Noah Vieira, the only person so far to keep a blog in this section, i.e. this one?
Hi there. I'm nixieosm (but you can call me Nixie), active on the forums between the 21st of December 2013 and the 25th of August 2015, when I called it quits indefinitely due to general forum inactivity. You might argue that I was OSM's last stand before the forums effectively collapsed. I got 10 forum bans at least in the otherwise lawless land of the old forums, and it's a miracle I still have this account (or not so - I'm officially logged as having a spotless record on these forums). I made 4,381 posts on the olden forums, being the subject of the General Café's The Big Interview, #109 (29-31 May 2014). I wish these new forums, however, the best of luck. (leaves flowers to remember old forums)
I support Fulham FC, currently languishing (or not) in the second tier of English football. To settle the matter once and for all, I was indeed born in April 2002 (and I am indeed called Eren Kocyigit). Interests: Computers, football, politics, McDonalds, and these OSM forums (of course!).
Posts made by nixieosm
RE: FIFA WC 2018 Russia - Qualifiers
Iceland and Serbia also through (Egypt joining Nigeria on the African side of things), Ireland in the playoffs, and a Gareth Bale-free Wales join Scotland (and Turkey) in watching the World Cup on the telly.
Meanwhile, all eyes turn to South America on the wee hours of Wednesday morning, around about the time Through The Night starts on BBC Radio 3 (that's tomorrow if you actually live in South America), where it's anyone's game... except for Brazil, Bolivia, Venezuela and Ecuador, that is:
RE: Premier League 17-18
@WildInterista Not quite. Back on the old forums, the Champions' League Thread (I could swear it was for 15/16, but it might have been 14/15) was actually created in early June, just days after the final.
Fulham might be missing out on the party for what feels like the squillionth year in a row (even though it's only the fourth), but here's hoping the best for the teams that did make it to the Promised Land. Especially first-timers Brighton and Huddersfield.
RE: World wide football - Best 11 in 2017 will be...
I heard you wanted justification for my lineup, so here goes:
- Boaty McBoatface: Who wouldn't want a boat to play in goal? McBoatface has been a rising star ever since debuting last year, and is set to go on the up.
- Pingu: Animated penguins are always great fun, especially when their most notable comment to the media involves shouting "NOOT NOOT!" in front of a microphone. Pingu's star is waning, but he is already in his more mature years - a logical choice.
- Windows Defender: Not only is Windows Defender a pre-installed anti-virus software program for Windows users, but it can also deploy a secure firewall to burn opposing strikers. If that fails, then we always have...
- Donald Trump: A yuuuuuuuuge gamble here - despite having fringe roles with the reserve team in the 90s, Trump has come from almost nowhere to easily secure a starting lineup position in the team. Despite even more controversy, I'm confident about his ability.
- A ghost bearing a scary resemblance to Bela Guttmann: There are experienced journeyman managers, and then there are ghosts that look like experienced journeyman managers. This ghost I have here will be ideal for freaking out those on the wing.
- Colonel Sanders: An excellent team player, if sometimes bound to toss out free chicken (now just £14.99!) to other players. I understand he got sent off after thwonking some Sunday-league plodder during a match, but surely that suspension only applies to the Milton Keynes Tool Supplies Amateur League 2nd Division... right?
- Neil Kinnock: I'm bound by the political neutrality clause I signed with NixieCo Technologies to balance out any political equalities in my lineup. Also, he refused to resign after losing the 1987 General Election. Resilience is what I like in a player... well, that'ld be my credo if I wasn't the striker and 73rd-in-line to the managerial position. Ed: You're actually 4,600,000th in the pecking order.
- The guy who created OSM: Or, if several, the most influential one. Surely a man who has given literally millions (verging on several zillions) of people a shot at management should have the community give something back to him?
- Some guy from OFM FC: I don't know who - I've been throwing lots of names about there, none of which I remember (except for Nick Clegg, and he was removed after I learned that he was actually the former Lib Dem leader. Political neutrality clauses for the win, oh yeah!)
- Dave down the pub: A right good striker. Scored five goals the other day in our monthly inter-pub game, even if that was against a goalkeeper who'd never played there before. Really should have been double that.
- nixieosm: Why not?
RE: World wide football - Best 11 in 2017 will be...
In true nixieosm style, here goes (4-4-2, of course): Boaty McBoatface // Pingu (from the eponymous children's show), Windows Defender, Donald Trump, a ghost bearing a scary resemblance to Bela Guttmann // Colonel Sanders, Neil Kinnock, the guy who created OSM, insert player from OFM FC here // Dave from the pub, nixieosm.
And as for the manager? Definitely one of the top-ranked managers, I would say Majstor Matt but he's dipped away since "my day" and Yilmaz Kayhan seems a surer bet now.
Only two French Cup shirt sponsors?
Anybody observing the French Cup final recently may have noticed that, instead of the Fly Emirate typeface, Paris Saint-Germain went out onto the field with sponsorship from a betting company, PMU; their opposition, Angers, were sponsored by CAF (your guess as to who they are is as good as mine; apparently CAF is a family benefits system, but the logo of the two CAFs are different, which seemingly invalidates this point).
Of course, it's not just the final - this goes for pretty much every game in every round of the French Cup. So, without further ado, I'm confused and I'd like an answer to this (admittedly silly) question: How come there are only two shirt sponsors seen in the whole of the French Cup, even when different clubs have different sponsors in the league? (Before any mods try to lock this thread and point me to any French Cup 2016/17 threads that exist, this isn't just for 2016/17, but it's happened in the past as well.)